OTDF has a current vacancy for an Accountant who is dynamic, competent and qualified to be part of Our Team that is focussed on delivering development outcomes for the communities of Western Province.
The Role – Accountant:
This role supports the Team Leader Reporting Compliance in ensuring accuracy and timeliness in generating financial performance reports as well as strengthening the governance and compliance aspects of the business. It also supports the Executive Managers to make informed decisions on operations and to meet mandatory reporting obligations to Management, the Board and external institutions to ensure legal compliance, legislation requirements and external audit reports are met.
Key Duties include:
- Monthly analysis of all Opex and project payments for the purpose of recharges including the issuance of all invoices and receipting
- Bank reconciliations & Monthly reconciliations of General Ledger accounts, Sub Ledger Accounts, Income and Trust accounts for reporting accuracy and integrity
- Analysis of Project accounts and generating project financial reports in the Attaché system
- Work in collaboration with the Manager Finance to train and develop staff capability
- Work with and assist the Team Leader Reporting Compliance with external audit requirements and the compilation and lodgement of all Statutory Compliance requirements
- Assist in month-end activities and prepare end of period financial reports for management
- Contribute toward achieving zero work-related injuries through maintaining a culture of safety awareness and understanding of the principles of duty of care throughout the Finance & Treasury Section and OTDF.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Accounting
- Have between 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Have experience working with Attaché software
- Sound proficiency in Excel
- Can work well under pressure
- Can work with minimal supervision
- A team player
- Supervisory skills/experience is desirable but not essential.
We prefer residential status positions but also offer FIFO status (fly in fly out) along with an excellent remuneration and benefits package based on qualifications and work experience. We are keen to attract and retain professionals who are committed, hardworking, loyal, and honest and who possess good behaviours. If you want to join us, please submit your application letter with a cover letter, current updated CV and a statement addressing the Key Duties of the position. We also require names and contact details of 3 professional referees. (Please do not send copies of certificates and awards at this stage).
It is preferred if applications can be emailed to email@example.com;
www.otdfpng.org; Applications close: Wednesday 03rd February 2021